Post Operation Advice
- Your pet may feel sleepy for several hours after a discharge but should be conscious and respond to stimulus.
- Your pet will have had its leg clipped to allow an intravenous injection and any tape over the injection site may be removed on the first night.
- Unless the Veterinary Surgeon has given specific instructions, your pet can have a light meal on the evening of the operation. Water should be freely available at all times.
- If your pet has any sutures (stitches) a nurse will check them in 5 days by appointment, and they may be removed after 10 days by appointment.
- Some pets may develop a slight cough as a consequence of being intubated (a small tube passed into the windpipe to administer the anaesthetic gas.)