We are very proud to be able to offer keyhole surgery!
Keyhole (laparoscopic) surgery is minimally invasive surgery which involves passing a camera and specialised instruments through small (0.3-1cm) incisions in the body wall, to perform surgical procedures.
You may be aware of the many advantages of keyhole surgery for humans, and the same is true for our pets.
To book an appointment, or for further advice on keyhole procedures, please call us at the practice
What are the advantages of keyhole surgery?
· Less pain after the operation
· Smaller incisions
· Faster healing time
· Fewer post-operative complications
· No stitches in the skin – usually no need for a buster collar
· Rest is usually only required for 2-3 days after the procedure
· Clearer and safer view for the surgeon
There are many surgical and diagnostic procedures we can perform using the specialised equipment and training we have. The most common is keyhole spaying (laparoscopic ovariectomy).